Welcome to the Cheshire Innovation web site.
If you want to see Britain reborn as a modern manufacturing
nation this web site will interest
Please choose an
innovation from the menu on
1. A low cost alternative to HS2
explain how modern eddy current braking systems developed in Germany could be
adapted to meet British needs. This would allow us to solve our most serious
network capacity problems within five years.
2. A financial invention to prevent house price bubbles
3. Graphene -Whoops we made a mistake!
Why a failure to understand the subtle power of patents means that most of the £50 million British government and one billion Euro European funding for graphene research is likely to be wasted.
The problem is critical but we suggest a
4. Global warming and the Fukushima nuclear disaster
How can we meet our climate change commitments if nuclear power becomes politically unacceptable?
Latent Power Turbines may provide the answer.
Research at Lancaster University suggests how a new type of steam turbine design could mimic the action of hurricanes to radically improve the efficiency of steam turbines.
5. Soft bumpers to save pedestrian lives
A British invention could make car bumpers soft for pedestrian impacts, but stiff for collisions with other vehicles.
6. British invention plagiarised
costs Britain a ten year lead in developing SALi suspension systems.
7. Using battlefield technology to improve the environment
Problem: Modern large field farming has destroyed tradition landscapes and is wrecking the rural environment.
BAE Systems employees
8. Generating green power for Elon Musk's Hyperloop